Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas, friends

Hey all--

it was so good to see some of your beautiful faces this morning. I just sat and cried as I sat in our lovely sanctuary and looked at stained glass being lit up by bursts of sunlight through the clouds, and thought of all the generations of men and women and children who have sat in our same places before us-- how sacred this holiday we celebrate is, discussion of forebears and original pagan ritual holidays aside...for us, the body of Christ, this day is precious. The fullness of its meaning, though, we have yet to grasp, and I think we will only have this shadow of sincere awe all of our days on earth. This year, Bart's father and Dan's mother and different ones of our loved ones are standing before the throne for Christmas...only they see the reality of what we long for. The true depth of His beauty and wisdom, His perfection and strength.

For Christmas, I am praying for you, my friends, and myself and my husband and parents and Joshua, that the Lord would take us all to a depth in Him that we have never even hoped to attain to...that this year, we would more fully discover His grace and sweetness and that He would pour into us Wisdom-- He says that He will pour it out, without holding back, to any who ask for it.

I have an idea for a book for us to read, and for the people who are heading back to school, too, for this year. It's by Brennan Manning. Take a second and google him and find out about him, and this Sunday I will tell you the name of the book. I think you'll love it.

And I love you. You guys are so awesome. Your faces, your hearts, your personalities....you are all so unique and funny and quirky--- you are important to me. I love you.

Merry Christmas,
Sam (& Don)

2 comments:

Kevin said...

sounds good to me! Don't forget to post the title of the book for those of us who can't make it.

Samantha said...

good idea!!! :)