Sunday, December 18, 2005

Hear Ye, Hear Ye

Couple of things:
1) Kevin's piece will be aired on NPR (that's 90.1 FM) at 7:51AM (that's the MORNING) on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings!!! Let's all turn out to hear him (some of you will be sleeping in because you have already finished finals, and I don't want to hear about that...). Yay Kevin!!! We're so proud of you!!

2) I saw this on facebook and had to post it-- it's hilarious:
T’was the week before finals,
And all through the college,
The students were praying
For last minute knowledge.

Most were quite sleepy,
But none touched their beds,
While visions of essays
Danced in their heads.

Out in the taverns,
A few were still drinking,
And hoping that liquor
Would loosen up their thinking.

In my own room,
I had been pacing,
And dreading exams
I soon would be facing.

My roommate was speechless,
Her nose in her books,
And my comments to her
drew unfriendly looks.

I drained all the coffee,
And brewed a new pot,
No longer caring
that my nerves were shot.

I stared at my notes,
But my thoughts were muddy,
My eyes went ablur,
I just couldn't study.

"Some pizza might help, "
I said with a shiver,
But each place I called
Refused to deliver.

I'd nearly concluded
That life was too cruel,
With futures depending
On grades had in school.

When all of a sudden,
our door opened wide,
And Patron Saint Put It Off
Ambled inside.

His spirit was careless,
His manner was mellow,
All of a sudden,
He started to bellow.

"On Cliff notes, on Crib Notes
On last year Exams.
On Wingit and Slingit
And Last Minute Crams."

His message delivered
he vanished from sight.
But we heard him laughing
Outside in the night.

Your professors have pegged you-
So just do your best.
Happy Finals to All,
And to all a Good Test.
Good luck on finals!!!

ha ha!!! AND:

PRAYER FOR FINAL EXAMS The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not flunk; He keepeth me from lying down when I should be studying. He leadeth me beside the water cooler for a study break. He restoreth my faith in study guides. He leads me to better study habits For my grade's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of borderline grades, I will not have a nervous breakdown For Thou art with me. My prayers and my friends, they comfort me. Thou givest me answers in moments of blankness; Thou anointest my head with understanding. My test paper runneth over with questions I recognize. Surely passing grades and flying colors shall follow me. All the days of my examination, And I shall not have to dwell in this university forever, AMEN!!!!!

I know you guys are done, but IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN!!!
back to the books...
sam

No comments: